Thursday 17 June 2021

What Do Beavers Smell Like?

This week for writing we have been learning how to use Complex Sentences. My Success criteria was to use a complex sentence and use a comma in my sentence. I enjoyed writing and finding out about this because I did not know that Beavers smell like what they do! I found it tricky to find out because I kept spelling it wrong. Next time I would try to finish faster.

What Do Beavers Smell Like?

Introduction

Beavers are rodents with big tails and teeth. Their teeth gnaw through trees to make their homes and dams But what do they smell like? 

What do they smell like?

Because of their diet of leaves and bark, Castoreum, stuff that comes out of there butt, smells like vanilla! 

Diagram



What is it used for? 

It is used in lots of things. Most surprising of them all is vanilla flavouring! It is also used in food and perfume. 

Summary 

Beavers vanilla because of Castoreum from what they eat. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Kylah,
    What a well researched piece of explanation writing, I can see you have been working really hard this week to meet your success criteria. I really like how you have used a rhetorical question in your title to hook your reader in. Fantastic diagram, did you draw this? If not, maybe next time you could draw your own.

    Mā te wā
    Miss Mikayla.
    Ka pai tō mahi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.