Tuesday 7 September 2021

Tongan Language Week

This week is Tongan language week. I learnt how to say lots of phrases and words in Tongan. I have put six of them into a slide with the pronunciation and the meaning of the word in it as well.

I learnt that Mālō e lelei means hello. I also learnt that Tongan is close to Maori because water is Inu in Maori and Tongan.

My favourite part was learning Tongan because I do not know much about Tonga. Also I liked using Mote because it helps me tell you how to pronounce it by me saying it.

I found it tricky to pronounce the words because I have never spoken Tongan before. But with a bit of practice thanks to this it was way easier.

Next time I would add more words because then you would learn more from this blog. I also would change the backgrounds so they are different every time.

Here is my slide:

1 comment:

  1. Mālō e lelei Kylah,
    This is a great series of slides for Tongan Language Week. Your pronunciation is fantastic. Well done for using Mote. I like how you have put phrases in as well.
    The Mote for Tulou says Ikai. Maybe you could fix this up and update your blog.
    We heard Kali speak in Tongan this morning. I think it would be great to speak lots of languages.
    Keep up the great mahi! It's great to see you continuing to link sites for your reader to see and learn more.
    Mā te wā,
    Mrs Naden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.