Thursday 26 August 2021

Why Plastic is Bad for the Ocean

This week for reading we have been learning how to Apply Knowledge. If you want to know why I am blogging so much, you might not know, The whole of New Zealand is in a second lock down. So I have new tasks ( at least three ) Every school day! I made a slide about why Plastic is bad for the Ocean. Did you know, that in the middle of the ocean there is an island made of plastic? I enjoyed learning about the pollution because it was new learning for me. I found it tricky to get images because lots were copywrite. So I looked a bit harder and found six photos that were good enough. Here is my slides:

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kylah
    I really like your slide about why plastic is bad for the ocean.
    I like how you have explained why you enjoyed learning about this topic. Where did you find your information from, was it the internet or a book? I have enjoyed visiting your blog today. I look forward to visiting your blog again soon.
    Ma te wa
    Mrs Tamatea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Kylah,
    Your facts are very interesting. Plastic pollution is something everyone can help solve. Have you read about Henderson Island? If not you could go to Kiwi Kids News and type it in the search bar. Is the plastic island you are talking about in your reflection in Europe? I have read about it and it looks weird.
    Your slides are clear and easy to read, and the images really make the reader gasp in shock. Maybe you could have linked the story you read to your reflection.
    Mā te wā,
    Mrs Naden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.