Wednesday 12 January 2022

Extinction Biodiversity Crisis - Minecraft Edu - Summer Learning Journey Wha Tekau Ma Whetu

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we had a Minecraft task. It was about extinct animals. We rode a roller coaster and along the way, there were lots of extinct animals like a Moa and Saber-Toothed Cat. 

I used the camera and portfolio items in Minecraft Education to take photos the name them. When I finished taking photos, I got the photos and put them into slides and researched to add facts. I found it really sad that most of the ways the animals had died were because of hunting by humans in the most recent years, it is our job to protect our animals so that no other animals join this list! look at the slides to see information on each of the animals. 

I enjoyed seeing all the amazing animals that could have been alive today. I would think it would be cool if everybody had saber-toothed cats as pets! I did not find anything tricky in this task because it was very straightforward.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here are some slides with photos:

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kylah
    Deborah from the SLJ team here.
    I am so impressed by your research and thinking. Your introduction is thought provoking and the content in your slides is very informative. I found it really interesting that there was still a Pinta Turtle alive recently. I have snorkelled with turtles and they are such majestic creatures. I agree with you that we need to look after our environment so that these animals do not become extinct.
    Keep up your amazing work and enjoy being outside too.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.