Monday 10 January 2022

Clerihew Poem - Poetry Slam - Summer Learning Journey Wha Tekau Ma Tahi

Today for the summer learning journey we had a poetry slam task. We had to do a Clerihew poem. I chose to make my poem about my sister who jammed her finger in the door then had to go to the hospital. I actually wrote about this earlier this year. I have a blog about it, check it here. Don't worry, the doctors have stitched my sister's finger back on so it is still there.

A Clerihew poem only has just a few simple rules: They are four lines long. The first and second lines rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth lines rhyme with each other. The first line names a person, and the second line ends with something that rhymes with the name of the person. They are normally for fun.

I enjoyed making it a bit funnier because it was scary at the time but we can laugh about it now that it is back on. I did not find anything tricky. I thought this task was really fun and I did not find anything tricky.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my Clerihew Poem:

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!

    Great job at the Clerihew poem and capturing the frightening incident of your sister's accident! It must have been terribly painful for her and a great cause for concern at the time.

    You have managed the structure of this poem well (AABB) by rhyming Lily, silly, door and more - well done! These funny Clerihew poems remind me of Limericks. Have you had experience writing a limerick? I wonder if we will get to create limericks before the end of the SLJ poetry slam. Do you think you could convert your Clerihew poem into a funny limerick?

    Nga mihi nui
    Naomi
    (Manaiakalani Facilitator)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora

    Kylah

    It is me Quein again a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. It is fantastic to see another well thought out, positive and creative blog post. I really enjoyed that you included the link and an explanation of the task to your fellow bloggers. It is Great to hear that you enjoyed the activity. I can see that you have put a lot of thought into the task and it is fantastic to see that you made it funny which is really Great!!! As it will engage your fellow bloggers and it definitely made me smile.


    Keep up the Super work we look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Have a Super Summer!!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.