Tuesday 18 January 2022

Snowball Poem - Poetry Slam - Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Rima

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we had a poetry slam task. It was to do a snowball poem. At first, I did not know what a snowball poem was! 

A snowball poem has a lot of lines and each line is longer than the last. Sometimes by one letter, and sometimes by one word- like a snowball rolling down a hill, it gets bigger and bigger as it rolls down! There was not very much information on snowball poems, so there is not much information here but the name pretty much explains it!

I enjoyed making my poem about surfing because the beach and boogie boarding are one of my favourite things to do in summer. My whanau go every night when the weather is good after dinner to have some family time there while the beach isn't too hot and the chance of getting burnt is a bit lower. One day I want to get a surfboard and start surfing too! 

I found it tricky to make the right amount in my sentences because I kept accidentally having one word less or one word more. 

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my Snowball Poem:

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    It is fantastic to hear that you learned something and liked the result of your work!! It’s great that you understand why it is called snowball poems!!

    Your poem is awesome! It must be so lovely being able to spend such good quality time with your whānau every night at the beach! That sounds very lovely! Ka pai for keeping on going even when it got a bit tricky!!

    Keep up the amazing mahi and I hope you’re having a wonderful raumati!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      It is really fun down at the beach at night. Especially when we bring our boogie boards!
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.