Tuesday 18 January 2022

Nature Scavenger Hunt! Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Whetu

Today for the Summer Learning Journey my family went out on a nature scavenger hunt. We printed out the list provided five times so all five of the kids in my family had one, even my 1-year-old brother! We drove to Grays Bush once Dad finished work and did our scavenger hunt!

Many people believe that Elsa Maxwell created scavenger hunts as a fun party event in the 1930s. Scavenger hunts can take place pretty much anywhere, from parks to forests to even your backyard! Scavenger hunts can make something a bit boring, a bit more fun and it makes you really look at your surroundings. 

I enjoyed running around Grays Bush seeing all the native trees and bushes! I even saw a lot of Kawakawa everywhere (Which is something I don't see often!). My siblings all had fun climbing around fallen tree stumps. Grays bush is a native walk we have here in Gisborne. It's about a 5-minute drive from our home and is protected by DOC. I have put a little bit of information about Grays bush in my video. 

I found it challenging to edit this video. I used my Mums' phone to take the videos and when I uploaded them to the computer they didn't work very well with MOVAVI. It took a while and I had to get my Mum to help me stop the videos from glitching but together we worked it out so I could then edit them. I think I was working on my edit of the video longer than we spent in Grays Bush! 

Next time I would use our camera instead of the phone so I don't get the strange issues with the video.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my video:

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah,

    Wow, another fantastic blog post!! It looks like your whanau had a fun time at Grays Bush completing the scavenger hunt.

    I think you're very right, scavenger hunts can turn a boring walk into an exciting adventure! If you had to create your own scavenger hunt, what would you include?

    Great work with the video editing, even if it took longer than the scavenger hunt! I love the information and details you included in the video, it was very informative and fun to watch.

    I’m marking this as another outstanding blog post for your awesome mahi. Keep up the fantastic work!

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Lauren!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      If I had to create my own scavenger hunt I would probably make it a the beach so I could include shells and seaweed. Thank you so much for the outstanding post!
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Kylah,
    A scavenger Hunt is a great way to make a visit like this fun. Did you find everything on the list?

    The video turned out really well - good editing and well done you for persevering with it. The final video is well worth the effort you put in.

    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Torrie!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      I did not find everything on the list. I could not find any bugs. I guess they were all hiding! Have you ever made a video using MOVAVI or anything else like it? If so, have you ever gotten problems with it?
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.