Monday 10 January 2022

Musical Instruments - Nanogirl - Summer Learning Journey Wha Tekau

Today for Summer Learning Journey we had a Nanogirl task. It was to make musical instruments out of random things in your house.

Did you know that musical instruments were invented in 2800 BC or earlier? The oldest musical instrument in the world is a Neanderthal flute (I will put an image below this paragraph) Which was made from a bone of a young cave bear and has four holes.

Here is the Neanderthal Flute:


I enjoyed making my musical instruments because I could pretty much make something make noise when I hit them or make noise when I blow on them. I also liked glueing the straws together to make the harmonica.

I found it tricky to make the mugs ding when I hit them. I tried to fill the mugs with more or less water but they did not seem to change. I think that I should have used glass but because I have really young siblings we can't really have glass because if my youngest brother, who is 1, would throw them so we only have plastic glasses. I thought using the ceramic mugs we have would help make a better sound but it didn't work as well as I thought it would. 

Thank you for reading my blog, here are my musical instruments:

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora

    Kylah

    WOW!!! It is great to see that you have completed the activity, thank you for sharing your musical mahi with me and your fellow bloggers. I must say I am very impressed by the amount of effort and thought that you put into your activities including the well thought out layout of your blog posts. It is Super Great!!! To see that you included an interesting fact I really enjoyed it and it will definitely encourage your fellow bloggers to engage with your posts. I think your xylophone made out of cups was fantastic and it made an awesome sound- Ka Pai!!!

    Do you enjoy playing instruments? I used to play the drums when I was younger and I really enjoyed listening to the beats and rhythms.

    Keep up the Super work we look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Have a Super Summer!!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.