Friday 14 January 2022

Quatrain - Poetry Slam - Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Tahi

Today I did a little research on different types of poems you can write. I found a poem called a Quatrain and made one about my brother who needs glasses. I also noticed that the poetry slam was up to 99 so this blog will be the 100th!

A quatrain is any 4 line poem. 15 possible rhyme sequences. For this one, I did "AABB". But you can do AAAA, ABAB, ABBA and ABCB too!

I enjoyed making my poem because I could make it as funny as I wanted it to be. I put in my poem that when he loses them he cannot see, he might just walk into a tree. I thought it was quite funny as I put it in!

I found it tricky to know what to make my quatrain poem about. I was looking around for inspiration when I saw my brother with his glasses and made a poem about him!

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my quatrain about my brother, Sebby:

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah. Congratulations on entering the 100th poem! I love the way you're finding your own types of poems to create. Has the poetry slam inspired you? Do you think you'll keep writing poetry? I wonder if you could tell the same story about your brother's glasses using some of the different rhyming patterns? e.g. ABAB, ABBA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Phil!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      The Poetry Slam has really inspired me to wright more poems! I think I will write a lot more poems!
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
  2. Mōrena Kylah!

    It is so amazing to see you enjoying the poetry slams so much! It seems as though you have found something that really interests you! Did you write a lot of poetry before the Summer Learning Journey, or has it been because of the Poetry Slam?

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.