Wednesday 5 January 2022

One Is A Snail, Ten Is A Crab Summer Learning Journey Toru Tekau Ma Rua

Today for Summer Learning Journey we read a book called One is a snail, ten is a crab. It is about counting to ten and counting in tens. It was counting using the amount of things legs. Like how number four in the book was a dog that has four legs. I had to choose between slides and pen and paper. I remembered that in 2020 my class used a site called Book Creator. You can use it to make books. I decided to make my book there.

Did you know that people first counted to ten in the 7th Century?

I found it tricky to embed the book. I later figured out that you can not embed books onto blogs. I did find out how to make a link to get to a site that has the book. I also found it tricky to find out what to make in my book. I thought after a little while, I thought of adding a Maori translation for each English sentence.

Thank you for reading my blog. Click the link here.

And here is my Kick Start:

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!


    Chris here again from the Summer Learning Journey, tēnā koe for completing another activity!

    This is an incredible amount of work you’ve put in! The task was to draw animals with legs so that it adds up to 33 legs, BUT the point was to incorporate animals and maths which I think you’ve done brilliantly!

    What gave you the idea to create a book of animal leg numbers, rather than the more straight forward drawing? Yes I agree, embedding things can be tricky. Good on you for pushing through, though!

    Can’t wait to see what you post next!


    Ngā mihi!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Chris!
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
      I forgot to mention that the task I did was the step it up. I did make the picture for the kick start, but I got carried away writing about the step it up. I will post the kick start now.
      Ngā mihi,
      Kylah

      Delete
    2. Ata mārie Kylah!


      No worries at all, looking forward to it!


      Ngā mihi,
      Chris

      Delete
  2. Just saw the Kick Start post now, pai mahi Kylah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.