Thursday 13 January 2022

Zhushing It Up! - Nobody Laughed - Tie-Dye T-Shirt - Summer Learning Journey Wha Tekau Ma Iwa

Yesterday for the Summer Learning Journey we read a book called Nobody Laughed. 

It is about a boy named Aiden who brought his new bright green bag to school. Everyone had that same bag. So at the end of the day, there was a huge mixup with the bags, so the teacher went through the bags and called out some of the stuff that was in them. There were all these funny things that shouldn't be coming to school but nobody laughed as they came out of the bags. Aiden thought that they were saving the laughs for his bag so he hoped that he was last so the teacher did not take what was in the bag out. Luckily he was last but Sefton thought it was unfair that we could not see what was in Aidens bag. Aiden opened his bag and showed everyone and nobody laughed.

I think that Aiden brought his Teddy Bear to school and kept it in his bag because he assumed that people would make fun of him because of it. It even said in the book! "When the others saw it, he would surely die of embarrassment."

I think that everyone had the same bag because they were, as said in the book "The perfect size for his book, his lunch and his secret favourite thing." Because everyone all had their lunch, books and a secret favourite thing they would all need the same size bag and maybe there was only one colour of the bag available. The colour is bright green!

I think that the teacher should not have gone through the student's stuff. I think that the students should have named their bags like on the front or back to know which one is which. Like what if there was something super embarrassing that had accidentally been brought to school then having to have it be taken out of their bag in front of an entire class?

I think that it is okay for people to have the same thing as long as it I named and they like what it is. But if you aren't happy with how it looks you can always customize it!

The task was to take something pretty much everybody would have and make it your own. I thought that pretty much everyone would have a plain white shirt. I took one of my white shirts and asked my Mum if I could tie-dye it with a tie-dye kit I got for Christmas.

Did you know that tie-dying came out in the 5th century AD? The earliest noted records about tie-dye come from China and Japan. The procedure was used during the T'ang Dynasty China and the Nara Period in Japan. People used natural dyes from berries, leaves, roots and flowers to colour clothes.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my Tie-Dyed T-shirt:

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Kylah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I think you made an impressive interpretation of the story and I think a teddy bear is a great example of something embarrassing someone may bring to school. I also agree that the teacher should not have gone through the students' bags and naming the bags would have made it a lot easier and less embarrassing.

    Your tie dye shirt looks awesome, I love tie dying and have made a few shirts myself using different twisting styles. Was this your first time dying a shirt?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.