Tuesday 11 January 2022

Clerihew Poem - Poetry Slam - Step It Up - Summer Learning Journey Wha Tekau Ma Toru

Today for the summer learning journey I wanted to do the Poetry Slam Step it up for this week. We had to do a Clerihew poem and animate it. I chose to make my poem from scratch. It was about my sister who jammed her finger in the door then had to go to the hospital. I actually wrote about this earlier this year. I have a blog about it, check it here. Don't worry, the doctors have stitched my sister's finger back on so it is still there.

I used scratch to code my clerihew poem and used screencastify to record me saying the poem as well as the code running.

A Clerihew poem only has just a few simple rules: They are four lines long. The first and second lines rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth lines rhyme with each other. The first line names a person, and the second line ends with something that rhymes with the name of the person. They are normally for fun.

I enjoyed making it a bit funnier because it was scary at the time but we can laugh about it now that it is back on. I did not find anything tricky. I thought this task was really fun and I did not find anything tricky.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my Clerihew Poem Step it up:

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Kylah

    It is me Quein again a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. Once again this is a well thought out and positive blog post. It was super to see that you included the link for your fellow bloggers to access the activity. It was also really good to see that you had included an explanation of what a Clerihew poem is, which provided not only context for your post, it also will encourage your fellow bloggers to give it a go. We are also very impressed with the effort you put into your task and that you are utilizing various tools to complete your activities. I really enjoyed you poem and your blog post- Ka Pai!!!

    What tips could you give to your fellow bloggers about creating a poem?

    Keep up the Super work we look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Have a Super Summer!!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kylah. Phil here from the Poetry Slam team. Thanks for sharing yet another awesome poem. What a cool idea to use Scratch to animate your poem. This makes it super engaging. Don't forget to head to this site to check out some other students' poems and leave them some comments. Keep up the amazing mahi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.