Tuesday 4 January 2022

One Point Perspective Art Summer Learning Journey Toru Tekau Ma Tahi

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we did a one-point perspective art.

One point perspective is a drawing method that shows how things appear to get smaller as they get further away, converging towards a single 'vanishing point' on the horizon line. It is a way of drawing objects so that they look three-dimensional and realistic.

I enjoyed drawing the shapes for the one-point perspective art because I could even make up some shapes. I actually put in a Harry Potter lightning bolt after my favourite book series Harry Potter.

I found it tricky to do straight lines because at first, I could not find a ruler. I looked for a while then asked if he had one. He told me had a metal one then got it out for me to use.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my art:

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!


    Chris here, from the Summer Learning Journey. Hari tau hou, Happy New Year! Hope you had a fun break?

    Wow, this is a fabulous post! Thank you for going into such detail describing what you’ve done and why. Even without a ruler these are some really straight lines, well done! Had you heard of one-point perspective art before? Also, that’s great that you love Harry Potter, I’m a huge fan as well. I have a tattoo of the elder wand casting my patronus (which is a fox) fighting off a dementor on my left arm.

    Looking forward to seeing what else you post!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Chris!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog!
    I had not heard of one-point perspective before today. I just took a quiz and my Patronus is a cat. What is your favourite Harry Potter book?
    Ngā mihi,
    Kylah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mōrena Kylah!


      I think I remember six being my favourite book, and three being my favourite film. How about you?


      Ngā mihi,
      Chris

      Delete
    2. Kia Ora Chris!
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
      I think my favourite book might be Goblet of Fire (4) and my favourite movie being Philosopher's Stone (1).
      Ngā mihi,
      Kylah

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.