Friday 14 January 2022

Silly Algebra! Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we did algebra. We had to make questions with random shapes that have a number that it is connected to. Like a circle that means the number 4.

Algebra is a type of maths that includes letters and shapes. It makes you break down the problem to work out the answer because parts of the problem are missing. Lots of people find it very challenging because often it means you have to start at the end of the problem and work backwards to get the right answer. I think it's lots of fun because it is a bit more of a challenge! 

I enjoyed making algebra problems for people to solve. Next time I think I would make the problem harder and longer. 

Thank you for reading my blog. Here are my algebra problems:

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!


    Chris here from the Summer Learning Journey, again! Great to see you still posting!

    Wow! These are some great equations you’ve delivered! That’s great to hear that you enjoy algebra so much that you want to make it HARDER in the future. I always struggled a lot with maths, so I find this very impressive! Tēnā koe for your very accurate description of what algebra is as well. Had you done anything like this before today?

    I’m looking forward to seeing what else you post in the final week, next week!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.