Monday 17 January 2022

Summer Sounds Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Toru

Yesterday my family walked up Kaiti Hill. 

While walking up, we found a part of the hill that had a lot of cicadas, birds and crickets. I remembered a Summer Learning Journey task that I did not do called Summer Sounds where we had to record a sound from outside and put it on our blog. So I asked my Mum if I could borrow her phone to record, and she said yes.

I enjoyed recording the sounds because there were so many sounds I could hear! This task was very straightforward and I could not find anything tricky! Though while recording my brothers and sisters would start talking. So that was probably the trickiest part! Having to stop four siblings from talking!

Thank you for reading my blog! Here are my sounds:

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    Ka pai on remembering this activity while spending quality time with your whānau! The sounds of nature in the middle of summer are so lovely isn’t it? I love hearing birds chirping!

    I can understand why getting your siblings to be quiet will be tricky! Are you one of five kids? I am one of six kids! It is so fun being in a big family, but can be quite a lot at times right?

    Keep up the awesome mahi!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      I love the sounds of nature! Yes I am the oldest of five! It can get a little bit annoying with a lot of siblings! Especially when I am trying to read a book or do some work!
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kylah!

      Wow, the oldest of five?! I am the youngest of six so there isn't as much responsibility. I was the one that annoyed my siblings growing up... woops! But I can imagine that can get a little bit annoying. It must be heaps of fun though!

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.