Tuesday 18 January 2022

Snowball Poem - Poetry Slam - Step It Up - Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Ono

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we had a poetry slam task. It was to do a snowball poem. This is the step it up task.

A snowball poem has a lot of lines and each line is longer than the last. Sometimes by one letter, and sometimes by one word- like a snowball rolling down a hill, it gets bigger and bigger as it rolls down! There was not very much information on snowball poems, so there is not much information here but the name pretty much explains it!

I found it tricky to make the right amount in my sentences because I kept accidentally having one word less or one word more. 

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my Snowball Poem Step it up:

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    Ka pai on completing both the Kick Start and the Step It Up versions of the task!!

    This poem is so lovely! It would have been quite difficult to make sure that each line had an extra letter but it still flowed well! Pai mahi for not only making a poem that sounds lovely, but also snowballs by adding an extra word to the end of each line!!

    Keep up the awesome mahi, Kylah!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      It was really difficult to do but I really enjoyed this task! Have you ever written a Snowball poem before?
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kylah!

      I have not written one before! They seem very tricky... What do you think I should write one about?

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Kylah. I've had such fun reading your poems over the summer. I'm glad you stuck with this one even though it was challenging. I also found it tricky to have the right number of letters and still make sure the poem made sense. Do you think your text stands out enough on your page? I think if you explored some different colours you could make it really pop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Phil!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      I don't think it really stands out, but I used google jamboard so there was not many colours to choose from. Maybe next time I should try it on a different site. What is your go to site to use?
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.