Thursday 6 January 2022

Summer Essentials Summer Learning Journey Toru Tekau Ma Toru

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we made a collage of our Summer Essentials. 

I think the kiwi Summer is the best! Here are my Top Ten Essentials and why I think they are so important. 

1. Sunblock. You need this! It will save your skin from the harsh sun. 

2. Long sleeve rash top. My family always wears long-sleeved rash shirts in summer. Sometimes the sunblock doesn't work, especially for me with very pale skin, so we must wear long sleeves to keep our arms safe from the sun. 

3. Water bottle. Drinking water keeps you hydrated when the sun tries to dehydrate you.

4. Hat. They help to be sun safe-helps protect your face, neck and head from the strong UV rays we have here in New Zealand. 

5. Sunglasses. These look cool but also protect your eyes from the bright sun!

6. Chips and dip. What's a kiwi summer without our favourite summery snack?

7. Jandals. These help stop your feet from the burning sand on your dash into the nice cold sea water! 

8. Sprinkler. This is so much fun to jump around in summer. even better if you put it under the trampoline and jump on the tramp with it going! 

9. Boogie board. These make the sea so much fun. Catching waves is so much fun, and you don't need to balance like you do on a surfboard. 

10. Sun Umbrella. This helps keep you in the shade on those really hot days. 

Kiwi summers are so much fun but we really need to be careful in the really strong UV rays here. So lots of my essentials are about being sun safe- but it doesn't stop us from having a really fun summer! 

Thank you for reading my blog, Here is my Collage:

1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Kylah!


    Chris here again, from the Summer Learning Journey. Hope you’ve had a positive week!

    Love this post, so good to see how aware you are of the importance of sun safety. Did you enjoy completing the task? I’ve decided to respond to your answers individually, so I can be more detailed. Here ya go!


    1. Yes! Absolutely, sunblock is so so important. My younger sister and I went to a music festival back in 2014 and she got super burnt. We’re going to another one tomorrow, and I made sure I went out and got very strong SPF50 sunblock yesterday in preparation for it!


    2. Agree, I used to wear long-sleeve rash tops when I was younger. Great idea!


    3. A water is definitely very important. A reusable one is best!


    4. Definitely, hats are also very important. Do you have a favourite hat?


    5. Tēnā koe for reminding me about sunglasses, I actually need to buy some new ones today!


    6. Oh my goodness, chip and kiwi dip is my favourite snack, which I only have sometimes because it’s very unhealthy. Awesome answer!


    7. Yes! Jandals are also important, something else I need to buy, actually.


    8. Sprinklers are rad, does your family have one?


    9. I remember using boogie boards when I was little, do you have one? Have you had much chance to go boogie boarding this summer?


    10. Definitely, sun umbrellas are a huge help. They are hard to carry around, though!


    Hope you’re enjoying your summer! What do you like doing with the holidays? Looking forward to seeing what you post next!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.