Tuesday 11 January 2022

Lilys Finger - The Limerick - Summer Learning Journey Wha Tekau Ma Wha

Today I got a comment from Naomi who is from Manaiakalani. She said I should turn my Clerihew about my sister into a Limerick. In my Limerick, I say it was fixed by a doctor named Billy, but It was not actually fixed by a doctor named Billy the name just rhymed.

A limerick is usually funny and a bit rude. They have five lines with a rhyme scheme of AABBA, in which the first, second and fifth lines rhyme, while the third and fourth lines are shorter and share a different rhyme.

I enjoyed making it a bit funnier because it was scary at the time but we can laugh about it now that it is back on. I did not find anything tricky. I thought this task was really fun and I did not find anything tricky.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my Limerick:

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah!


    Chris here, again! Tēnā koe for getting involved in another task. You’ve done so many! Glad you enjoyed this one, and didn’t find it too difficult.

    Glad your sister’s injury is ok! Also, the line about it being “rather sore” was definitely funny, since I’m sure that is quite an understatement! Ka pai for taking an activity recommendation from one of the SLJ workers as well! How long ago did this happen?

    Looking forward to seeing what you post over these last couple of weeks!


    Ngā mihi!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Chris!
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
      This happened in April 2020. It looked like Nearly Headless Nick, Only hanging on by a bit of skin.
      Ngā mihi,
      Kylah

      Delete
    2. My goodness, that's intense! Glad it healed!

      Ka kite,
      Chris

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.