Tuesday 4 January 2022

Magnetic Haiku - Poetry Slam - Summer Learning Journey Rua Tekau Ma Iwa

Today for Summer Learning Journey we had a Poetry Slam task. We had to make magnetic poems. I really like this task so I decided to do a haiku magnetic poem. I made sure I remembered syllables 5,7,5 because if I didn't it wouldn't be a haiku.

Did you know that Magnetic Poetry was invented by Dave Kapell, who was a songwriter? He wrote words on pieces of paper and rearranged them, hoping to use it as a starting point for lyrics. To keep the arrangements of words from being accidentally disturbed, he thought to glue the paper to magnets.

I enjoyed making the poems because I could write whatever I want. It was also hard to make the poems because I only had certain words to use. I made sure that I had a bit of a plan before making them so it was much easier knowing which words are where.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my magnetic poem:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kylah,
    My name is Kiarah, I am a Year 7 student at Pt England School. I have been looking at your blog-posts over the summer, and you have done so well! I love all of your creativity you put into your posts. You have inspired me to do a Magnetic Haiku too! What has been your favourite Poetry Slam task so far? Outstanding work!
    Kiarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kylah!


    Chris here again, from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Really enjoyed this poem as well, can’t believe you made so many!

    Looking forward to seeing what else you post!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.