Sunday 16 January 2022

Hidden Colours In Ink - Science Experiment! - Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Rua

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we did a science experiment. 

It was about putting colour onto a bit of toilet paper/paper towel, then putting it into water. We then wait until it bled to see if we can see more colours than just the colour we put on. Like, say I draw black onto it and let it bleed for a little while and then the black will become black and blue.

I enjoyed dipping all the toilet paper into the water because it just felt strange and I liked it! I also liked putting the colours on the toilet paper because they made some cool colours from one colour! 

This was a straightforward task and I did not find anything tricky! I enjoyed editing the video and sped them up, removed the audio and replaced it with some music. I really enjoy editing videos, and I am getting quicker at doing it on Movavi. 

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my experiment:

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kylah,
    Awesome video, I love how you showed your step by step. I also tried purple, and also got pink! What was your favourite colour to do? Awesome job as always.
    Kiarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kiarah!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      My favourite colour to do was black because it turned into blue around the outside!
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Kylah!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    It is so great to see you having a go at this activity! The video you made is fantastic! It was awesome watching the process happen. Who was filming it for you?

    It is a fun experiment right? Why do you think other colours came out when it was submerged in the water?

    Keep up the awesome mahi!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog.
      My Mum was helping out with the filming. It was a very fun activity! I think the colours came out because you need, for example, red and white to make pink. So I think that might have something to do with it.
      Ngā mihi nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kylah!

      You are spot on!! Almost every colour in pens is made up from a collection of other colours. That means that when it is in water, all of those other colours come out!!

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.