Monday 17 January 2022

Make Your Own Game! - Nanogirl Task - Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Wha

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we had a Nanogirl task. It was to make a game out of recycling.

The first traces of games created by humans were found in Europe and were found to be from the Bronze Age nearly 7000 years ago. Yet no one has found anything about the rules or the way the game is played.

It turned out that my Dad took away all the recycling in the weekend so we had no recycling. So I made a board game using paper and a few colours pencils. I also made an online 8-bit game on a site called Make code Arcade where I could code using blocks and draw my own characters and backgrounds.

The way you play my board game is you first pick a character. The characters are a mask, a bottle of hand sanitiser, a cotton swab, a QR code and a vaccine. Then the oldest playing gets to go first. If you land on a chance card, you pick a chance card and do what it says. The first one to get to the finish line wins!

I enjoyed coming up with ideas for what my games would be about. I had an idea about a Covid game; Where you had to not catch covid and get all the way to the end while landing on things that might, either, stop you from moving for a few turns, make you go up some spaces and down some spaces.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is a slide with my Don't Catch Covid game:


Here is the code for my Make code arcade game:


And here is my game:

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah

    It's Charlotte here, a commentor from the Summer Learning Journey! This blog post that you have shared is amazing! I can tell that you have put a lot of hard work into this challenge. How did you find this activity, I think the Nanogirl activities are always so much fun!

    I had a go at the game you created - I have to admit, I wasn't very good at it! However after a few tries I finally made it to the end, it was lots of fun! Do you have any tips for your readers to help them create their own games?

    Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      I don't really have many tips other then if you have a problem, google it. At least one person has posted an image or made a video on how it needs to be fixed!
      Ngā Mihi Nui,
      Kylah

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Kylah,
    I love you game! Well done on designing and building such a great game even though all of the recycling had been taken out.
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.