Saturday 8 January 2022

Geometric Animal Art Summer Learning Journey Toru Tekau Ma Wha

Today for Summer Learning Journey we made geometric animals. I made a geometric turtle using polyline on google slides. When I see a turtle reminds me of the ocean and swimming in summer.

Geometric style art, is an ancient Greek art, primarily of vase painting, that began about 900 bc.

I used 49 Triangles and 3 Squares in my Geometric Art. I added circles in my slide for bubbles which then made 5 Circles. That adds up to 57 shapes in total.

I enjoyed making the turtle on the slides because I could use polyline and that was very easy to use. This task was really fun and really easy, so I found nothing tricky in this task.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my turtle:

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Kylah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed this activity and learnt some very interesting facts, I did not know that it is an ancient Greek art.

    I think your turtle looks incredible and you did a great job with your math adding up the shapes to 57. Do you think it would be easier to create this art using paper?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.