Thursday 20 January 2022

Treasure Island Whanau Challenge Summer Learning Journey Rima Tekau Ma Waru

Today for the Summer Learning Journey we had to do Treasure island challenges with our whanau. We had to create some challenges then do it with our families. treasure island is a tv show. they have to compete in challenges and try not to be eliminated! 

We had to create challenges. My challenges were a gumboot throw, who could stand on one leg for the longest and who could eat chocolate with a knife and fork the fastest. 

I think the trickiest out of all of them was the chocolate one. The chocolate had been in the fridge for a while so it was hard to cut and was hard to eat. My brother Seb (who won that challenge) seemed to not use his knife. So we don't know if that would be cheating or it being smart for not wasting time using a knife.

My family thought that this task was very funny and enjoyed it very much. At the start of the stand on one leg challenge when I was announcing what it was my brother Killian threw a car and that was very funny to everyone and that was why everyone started laughing in that task. Also, in the gumboot throw task, my one-year-old brother Teddy was supposed to do it with my Dad. But he wanted to wear his boot more than he wanted to throw it.

Thank you for reading my blog. Here is my video of the challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah,

    This sounds like an awesome challenge you created for your family! Did they have fun doing it? I love how so many of your family members joined in, it looked like a lot of fun!

    Was it challenging to come up with the activities for your family to do? Had you done these activities before for a challenge?

    I thought it was funny that your sister only used the knife and your brother only used the fork - very innovative. I’m also not sure if that's cheating or being smart!

    Keep up the awesome work.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kylah,
    gosh your family have lots of fun together! Just as well you had a big area to use as the gumboot toss took up lots of room.
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.